We will resume children's ministry on June 28, but it will only be for infants through pre-K. We are striving to have kid-friendly services, and special kid rooms with livestream are available for active children. Click to find more details about what children's ministry.
All church activities are canceled until further notice.
We are still having services Sunday, March 15, at 10:30 a.m., but we are making these additional changes in light of COVID-19:
- No Community Groups at 9:00 a.m.
- No Children's Ministry during the 10:30 hour.
- No Student Game Night Sunday evening.
- No Wednesday night programs on March 18.
- The community picnic on March 22 will be rescheduled.
- We are changing our normal service to focus specifically on thinking biblically and praying seriously about what is happening in our nation.
If not before, we will post another update on this page on Friday, March 20.
While the spread of COVID-19 is concerning, we intend to
continue to hold services as scheduled. We will take all reasonable steps to
create a healthy worship experience for everyone.
A few considerations as you prepare for Sunday:
- If you are sick in any way, we ask that you stay home and stream online at https://lwrbaptist.com/live.
- If you are healthy and feel the need to stay away from our public gatherings, we understand your caution, and we look forward to seeing you at the appropriate time.
- We will be sanitizing our common areas (doorknobs, water fountains, etc.) prior to Sunday morning.
- We will still be taking up an offering, but we won’t be passing the plate in the traditional manner. As you are able, we ask that you continue to support the church financially (https://lwrbaptist.com/give).
- Christian love may look different for a season. Please do not be offended if we do not shake your hand.
- If any churchwide events are canceled, we will post that on the homepage of our website.
To all who are anxious: The Bible tells us the creation is groaning. It seems to be groaning a little louder right now. The greatest comfort in the middle of this scare is that God is with us. Nothing can separate us from his love. He isn’t caught off guard by this virus. Let’s take this moment to recall that life really is a vapor. The market may be a bear, but Jesus is a lion, and no virus will stop his kingdom.